Powered By Blogger

Stanley Cup Champion Canucks?

Topic ONE:
Caught the Canucks/Sharks game on Monday night... an absolute dandy! With the win the Canucks have now won six in a row and take over top spot in the Western Conference. However, I'm more amused by the lack of crowing from the Wet Coast about the possibility of the Canucks being a favourite to win the Stanley Cup. Burned too often I suppose. But they're 25-8-5... clearly the class of the West so far and would be one of my early picks to win it all. I know... I know... It's almost creepy for me to say it let alone think it.


Topic TWO:
It would be so easy to pick New England and Atlanta to make it to the Super Bowl, but based on the way the past NFL season went, I'm not sure who's going to make it to the big game this year. Ironically, this is the first season in ten where I haven't been involved in a pool of some sort- and maybe that's a good thing. It just seemed like this year you really never knew what was coming from one week to the next. That is why I'm so pumped up about the playoffs.


Topic THREE:
The Seattle Seahawks. It's a tad embarrassing they're even in the playoffs with their sub 500 record, let alone the fact they have home field advantage this weekend over the Saints. But they're now IN and who knows what they'll do with a fresh start. You can bet one thing... I'm guessing NFL HQ would like them bounced quickly to avoid further embarrassment.


Topic BONUS:
Could someone please take Brett Favre's cell phone away.


I'm outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment