Powered By Blogger

Ann Who?

Gotta say up front... I've never even heard of Ann Coulter until this week... Nice going U of Ottawa!! Now she's on my radar screen. Never was before.

I usually tune these types of people out. But it's been tough to ignore because of all the hype. Hype NOT created by her actions, but the actions of others. These kind of 'look at me, look at me' people thrive on attention. Now she has OUR attention. Dumb.

Let me say up front, that I'm not a fan of hers or her message... BUT... I will defend her right to free speech in Canada, provided she stays on the good side of our Anti-Hate rules. That's for the Government watchdog to monitor. Not you or me. I'd feel the same way if it were Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck. None of these people reflect my views on anything, but I'd still fight for their right to speak up.

I always feel that the best way for someone to prove to me that they're an idiot, is to allow them to speak. It's works almost every time!!

However, the thing I fear more than people like Ann Coulter and her ilk, would be people who want to muzzle people because they don't share the same views. That's far more scary to me.

Please let ME decide whether someone's message has value. I have an open mind and I can tell what's good and what's bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment