Powered By Blogger

No place is perfect...

No matter where you live, there is always some little thing that keeps it from being perfect.

Vancouver- beautiful city, but it rains all winter and you never see the sun. Phoenix- sun-sational winter location but for many 44C is too hot in the summer.
Orlando- so much to do but the stifling humidity in the summer makes things tough.
London- tremendous history and tradition but so damn expensive.
Paris- oh never mind.

Every city has a niggley.

For many who live in Edmonton, winter is the big complaint. The summers are pleasant, the city is managable to get around, festivals out the wazoo, you can hike the river valley and never know you're in a city of close to a million... but there's always winter.

Here's the thing for me. Strangely, I can deal with the winter. The time I want to get outta here is March and April- I can't stand it here those two months. It's messy, wet, melty, gritty, sandy, mouldy, slushy, poopy, temperatures all over the place... it's just too unpredictable and dirty. Yes, I understand that this is the by-product of winter, but I'd just as soon head someplace else during these two months.

That's my big thing. A great place to live, raise a family with food, gas and other stuff at reasonable prices. A fun place to watch a variety of sports with great passion. It's HOME, always will be, but I'll just give March and April a pass thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment