Powered By Blogger

Day THREE

Topic ONE:
Just a quick note to Oilers fans who're 'already' starting to get cocky. YES, they're rebuilding and YES, things appear to be far better long term than down in Calgary... but please be warned. The road to re-building is not a freeway (it will take time) and there are plenty of off ramps (one bad decision can screw it ALL up). I realize that you've gone through some tough times since the 2006 miracle run to the Final and you want to get some of that swagger back, but be careful about cranking up the arrogance too soon. Many a young team with promise has quickly taken a bad turn. I'm confident that the Oil will be fine, but I'd be a tad more guarded if I were you. Even with some of the young kids, success not a 100% guarantee. Just saying'.

Topic TWO:
Brett Favre didn't play on Sunday. He should have retired while I still remembered him as a Hall of Famer... instead of simply being a bad photog. This past season has tainted things for me. Good Gawd... I still can't get the image of Michael Jordan in a Wizards uniform out of my mind!! Don't you think that great players should end it when they're great!


Topic THREE:
IF the stories are correct... the Green Riders will hire former Hamilton D-Coordinator Greg Marshall as their new head coach. Great call... always liked Greg when he was in Edmonton and glad that he's getting the gig! He's got intensity and I love that.

Topic BONUS:
Does Canada ever do anything the easy way the World Junior Hockey Championship? Discuss.

I'm outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment