Powered By Blogger

New Arena? I just don't see it happening.... yet.

Topic ONE:
Had an enjoyable day off on Monday. Caught up on some house stuff (boring), shovelled some snow (again), finished reading Andre Agassi's book (great read) and surfed the web a little (fun).

The most fascinating part was watching Edmonton City Council debate the new, proposed arena issue on the internet. My gut reaction to all this? It's simply TOO convoluted and there's really no design or funding structure in place to get most Edmontonians remotely excited about spending their tax dollars. However, late Monday afternoon Edmonton City Council did decide to slowly edge forward and enter into negotiations with the Katz Group.

BUT here's the deal for ME. Get me some more information on HOW and WHO is paying for this and as a taxpayer I'll take a look at it. But until that happens- I'll PASS thank you. For now.







Topic TWO:
Didn't mention this in my last blog but... I'm happy that the Patroits are out of the NFL playoffs. In my opinion, the best thing that can ever happen to any sports league is to see new teams and new faces advance in the post season. It just freshens it up. But I'm looking forward to Green Bay taking on Chicago for the NFC title while in the AFC it's the Jets facing Pittsburgh. Both match ups very intriquing to me. My picks coming on Friday. Could you imagine the TV ratings if the Chicago Cubbies ever got to a World Series? OK- bad example.






Topic THREE:
I think I may be one of the few people that actually enjoyed Maggie the Monkey's Stanley Cup playoff selections on TSN. It just added an element of levity to the often too serious world of sports. But how about this story from Agence France Presse- Paul the octopus, who shot to fame during the football World Cup last year for his flawless record in predicting the outcome of games, will get a shrine to mark three months since he died, his aquarium said Monday. "There will be a six foot high statue of Paul, on top of a football, in the middle of which will be a see-through window with the golden urn containing Paul's ashes," spokeswoman Tanja Munzig told AFP. Funny, but really? LOL

It's truly amazing the amount of ink this squid has received.






I'm outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment